Fortezza, the church of Agios Theodoros
Following the path, we come to the Bastion of San Niccol (St Nicholas). Here is a building with a double-arched roof, which may have been a workshop of some kind.
Right next to it is the Orthodox church of Agios Theodoros Trichinas. This was built in 1899 by the Russian Governor of Rethymnon, Theodore de Hiostak, during the period of the Cretan State (1898-1913) .
Today many inhabitants of Rethymnon choose to hold a plain and simple wedding at this little church in the pretty pine copse.
- Previous: Gunpowder Magazine
- Next: End of tour in Fortezza
- Read about the Fortezza in Rethymnon