Petrol prices in Heraklion Gas Stations
Petrol prices in Heraklion gas stations are the lowest in the whole of Crete. That is because the gas is transported by ships directly to Heraklion itself. The cost of storing the gas in Heraklion and transporting it to other locations in Crete is what makes gas more expensive outside of Heraklion.
In Heraklion, you can find the many of the big and well known gas companies such as Shell and BP alongside the smaller Greek gas companies like Avin and EKO.
Petrol Prices in Heraklion in Summer 2014
- The lowest price for unleaded petrol in the wider area of Heraklion was 1.707 € in a gas station in the south suburbs in the city of Heraklion, while the higher price for unleaded petrol was 1.910 € in a gas station near Phaistos (60km south of Heraklion).
- The price for Super unleaded gas ranged from 1.780 € to 1.999 €.
- The price for diesel ranged from 1.359€ in a EKO gas station in 58 Mathaiaki St. in Heraklion to 1.698€ in a BP gas station in the area of Alikarnassos near Heraklion Airport.
There are plenty of gas stations where you can find cheap petrol prices in Heraklion. Below is a list of the three cheapest gas stations in the city of Heraklion, as sourced from the Hellenic Ministry of Development:
- EKO, 58 Mathaiaki St., Heraklion: 1.709 €
- Independent Gas Station in the town of Agia Varvara: 1.717
- Independent Gas Station in the town of Tympaki: 1.719