Road distances between towns in Crete
How far is each town in Crete from Chania, Rethymnon, Heraklion or Agios Nikolaos? What is the distance between the main towns and cities in Crete? You will find the answers to these practical questions in the following article.
The distance between the cities in Crete
map of Crete and its four prefectures - more Crete maps
- Chania is 60 km from Rethymnon, 138 km from Heraklion, 204 km from Agios Nikolaos and 286 km from Sitia. It takes 30 - 45 minutes to drive from Chania to Rethymnon, 2 hours from Chania to Heraklion and 3 hours from Chania to Agios Nikolaos. Sitia is about 4.5 hours from Chania.
- Rethymnon is 78 km to Heraklion, 144 km to Agios Nikolaos and 226 km to Sitia. You will need 1.5 hours to drive to Heraklion, 2.5 hours to drive to Agios Nikolaos and 4 hours to drive to Sitia.
- Heraklion is 65 km from Agios Nikolaos and 147 km from Sitia. It takes 1 hour to drive to Agios Nikolaos and 2.5 hours to drive to Sitia.
- In Heraklion prefecture you will need 90 minutes to 2 hours to drive to the towns on the south coast.
- In Chania prefecture you will need about 1 h 30 min - 2 hours to drive from the city of Chania to the towns on the south coast.
- In Rethymnon prefecture you will need 30 - 45 minutes to drive from Rethymnon town to the towns on the south coast. The same applies to Lassithi prefecture.
Distances between towns and main sites of interest in Crete